"Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel to all people" - Jesus Christ

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Community Outreach Ministry and Cute Brazilian Kids

One Sunday morning I was able to go along with some of the high school students on what they call outreach ministry.
The experience was definitely one of the highlights of my time in Brazil, and while I don’t have time to write about it in detail, I’ll share the basics and some pictures that tell the story better than I can...
All of us took a boat to a tiny community just off the Amazon River and there we held a short service with singing, books of the Bible memory work, a Bible story lesson, and then a painting craft for about a dozen or so kids. The one adult and two teenagers who came helped with the singing, but then had their own separate Bible lessons. Even though I couldn’t speak the same language as the kids - and they quickly figured out that I didn’t know much Portuguese – the little girls loved having their pictures taken and then seeing themselves on the back of my digital camera. I was also able to help some younger kids with their painting craft, and when they finished their papers and started painting faces several of them decided to paint my face for me. The result was rather hideous, but the artists thought it was funny, and the paint came off eventually after lots of scrubbing when I got home. Anyway, we got a lot of photos and I’ll post a few here. When you see them, pray for the kids and teens that each one would understand the Bible teaching, come to know Jesus Christ as Savior, and live for Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment